Thursday, May 23, 2013

Year End Reflection

This semester I learned a lot about politics. Before this course I had very little knowledge about them. I discovered knew things not only about their function, but about their development as well. We studied their history and how they came about. One of the most important concepts this course taught me, is that often certain characteristics that are commonly thought of as being exclusive to a particular situation, may apply to many other situations. For example; people tend to think that elections are held only in democracies. They think of elections as a characteristic exclusive to democratic nations. However, autocracies also held elections. It is examples like these that have helped me comprehend the whole purpose and structure of politics, and furthermore clarify ideas that I did not know were erroneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment